The Baška tabletBaška tablet (Croatian: Bašćanska ploča, pronounced [bâʃt͡ɕanskaː plɔ̂t͡ʃa]) is one of the first monuments containing an inscription in the Croatian language, dating from the year 1100. The tablet was discovered by scholars in 1851 in the paving of the Church of St. Lucy, Jurandvor near Baška on the island of Krk. Since 1934 the original has been kept in the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Zagreb.

The Baška tablet
Baška tablet (Croatian: Bašćanska ploča, pronounced [bâʃt͡ɕanskaː plɔ̂t͡ʃa]) is one of the first monuments containing an inscription in the Croatian language, dating from the year 1100. The tablet was discovered by scholars in 1851 in the paving of the Church of St. Lucy, Jurandvor near Baška on the island of Krk. Since 1934 the original has been kept in the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Zagreb.